If you're looking to set up a newly arrived SyncroB.it HNT Gateway, then you've come to the right place!
In The Box:
- 1x SyncroBit Gateway
- 1 Outdoor Enclosure
- 1x 3dBi Lora Antenna
- 1x Power Adapter
- 1x 3ft Cat5e ethernet cable
- 4x Metal Zip ties
Preparing Your Gateway
- Carefully screw the provided 3dbi antenna into the Lora antenna port.
- Find a suitable location for your gateway.
(for optimal coverage we recommend placing the unit near a window and close to a power source)
WARNING: Do not install the Gateway on top of any other electrical equipment or install any other equipment on top of this device. Keep this device away from any heat sources such as direct sunlight, heaters, radiators, or other A/V receivers or devices that emit heat.
- Locate the ethernet port on the back of your gateway and securely insert the ethernet cable. Plug the other end of the ethernet cable into your router or access point.
Do not skip this step even if you intend on using wifi. Ethernet is needed to allow the gateway to update to the latest firmware.
- Insert the power cable into the power port on the Gateway, and plug in the wall adapter.
WARNING: Never power on the gateway without an antenna attached.
- Allow the unit a few seconds to power on. The LED strip should begin blinking white.
- Let the gateway sit for at least 1 hour to ensure it fully updates to the latest firmware.
- Do not attempt to pair the gateway in the first hour
- In the first hour, the gateway LEDs may cycle through varous colours
Setting Up Your Gateway
- After waiting 1 hour for your gateway to update, download and install the Helium application from the App Store or Play store and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Helium wallet.
- Ensure you keep your 12-word passphrase in a secure place where you won't lose it.
- Unplug your gateway from power and plug it back in again. This will re-enable the Bluetooth for 5 minutes.
- Tap the bottom left tap of the app to go to My Hotspots.
- Tap the + sign at the top right.
- Find SyncroB.it Hotspot and tap it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Tap Scan for my hotspot.
(Check the gateway to ensure the corner LED is Blue, indicating the gateway's Bluetooth is on. Bluetooth will only be turned on for the first five minutes after powering on the gateway, and can be turned on again by restarting the gateway)
WRITE DOWN YOUR GATEWAY SERIAL NUMBER — THE NAME OF YOUR GATEWAY WHEN PAIRING WILL BE ITS 8 CHARACTER SERIAL NUMBER. WRITE THIS DOWN IN CASE YOU EVER NEED SUPPORT FOR YOUR GATEWAY IN THE FUTURE OR WANT TO ACCESS THE GATEWAY SETTINGS.
- Select your gateway and continue following the on-screen instructions
WARNING: You will only be able to select a location once for free. Any additional "Location Asserts" will come at a cost of $10, which must be paid through HNT in-app.
Understanding Your Gateway
Your gateways LEDs will consistently show you the status of your gateway:
Access your gateway settings: CLICK HERE
Outdoor Enclosure Setup Guide: CLICK HERE
Troubleshooting: CLICK HERE